Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Leave the Choice with Him

Enough that God my father knows,
nothing this faith can dim,
He gives the very best to those
who leave the choice with him.
~unknown
A few years ago, I copied this from a book onto a card for my mother. She has had it sitting on the windowsill above the sink ever since, and as I get a drink or wash the dishes, it is a reminder and encouragment to me to leave the choice with Him. I am really having a hard time doing that lately. I just want to do andmake the choices myself, maybe we'll get somewhere, I'm tired of waiting!
While I wait, I am trying to rest in His promises, and I am trying to learn as I wait. As I have been waiting, I have learned more of God and have grown closer to Him. My relationship with the Lord has grown stronger, and its because of the trials of lately, and the waiting I am having to do now. Through every trial He strengthens His children.
I am learning to trust, wait, and leave the choice with Him. Its not easy, but I'm taking my time, and the Lord is patient with all of His children, and I am so thankful for that.
"He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." Isaiah 40:29

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks posting this, Mariah! I needed that reminder today!
Love you so much & am praying for you, sis!
- Rose